Monday, October 22, 2012

K O R O V I L A S

Last week I was lucky enough to attend the GenArt Fresh Faces in Fashion show held at Vibiana in downtown LA. Fresh Faces in Fashion is the largest showcase for up and coming designers in Los Angeles. Rodarte and Phillip Lim are just a couple of the designers that have launched into the stratosphere of fashion after getting their start at GenArt. This years show featured three designers; Shaina Mote, Crybaby Presents, and K OR O V I L A S.

The talented designers showcased their Spring/Summer 2013 lines, none of the designers disappointed all showing unique and creative pieces, but there was one line, the finale of the show, that literally blew the other designers out of the water, K O R O V I L A S.

When the K O R O V I L A S show began it was like a breathe of fresh air gliding down the runway, each piece more impressive than the next. The collection was made up of light, etherial, and feminine dresses that any woman would be lucky to have in her closet. These aren't your run of the mill dresses, small details, impeccable styling, and excellent craftsman ship really set this line apart from the others being showcased.

Granted I am a little biased as the designer Maria Korovilas along with partners Kristina Stonebreaker and Katie Bernhisel are good friends of mine. But I was not the only one loving the show, following the finale everyone was buzzing about the toasts of the evening, the girls of K O R O V I L A S.

Below are some pics of the fabulous evening and show. Sadly my good camera has seen better days so these are products of my iphone. Enjoy!





LOVE this lace white dress, the picture does not do it justice. Possible dress option for my rehearsal dinner dress :) 








The designer getting interviewed after the incredible show! 


What I wore to the show: top: BCBG, purse: Chanel, skinnies: 7 Jeans



1 comment: