Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Whole- Wheat Spaghetti with Lemon, Basil, and Salmon

I often times find it hard to eat healthy and light while at the same time satisfying the enormous appetite of the gentlemen sitting next to me at the dinner table. What can I say the boy likes the eat! As much as I love food it is always funny to me when I am satisfied after a meal and he was thinking that was just the first course!

When I found this recipe  for whole-wheat spaghetti with lemon, basil, and salmon, I thought to myself this might just please us both as it is combines some of my favorite flavors, it is healthy, but the whole-wheat pasta helps to fill the big guy up!


Whole-Wheat Spaghetti with Lemon, Basil, and Salmon

  • 1/2 pound whole-wheat spaghetti pasta
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 4 (4-ounce) pieces of salmon
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
  • 3 tablespoons capers
  • 1 lemon, zested
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves



 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm. Drain the pasta and transfer to a large bowl. Add the garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper, toss to combine.




Meanwhile, warm the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Add the fish to the pan and cook the salmon.


Add the basil, capers, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the spaghetti mixture and toss to combine.



Set out 4 serving plates or shallow bowls. Place 1/2 cup spinach in each bowl. Top with 1/4 of the pasta. Top each mound of pasta with a piece of salmon. Serve, and enjoy! Hopefully everyone will be full and satisfied after the meal!



No comments:

Post a Comment