Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pretty in Pink!

Now that I have been blogging and documenting scenes from my life, kitchen, and wardrobe, I thought to myself people might be wondering what is up with all the pink? Pink in the kitchen that is.... So I was thinking it might be time to explain. Yes like most women out there I love the color pink! So how did the color end up all over my kitchen you ask?

Unlike what we see on the TV shows and in the movies most twenty somethings living in NY do not live in huge amazing apartments. My first apartment was actually pretty great, I considered myself very lucky, the second although charming was much smaller, and the kitchen, let me just say it was the smallest kitchen I have ever laid my eyes on! At that point in my life my kitchen was used more for storage than for cooking.

My roommate at the time was kind enough to give me a gift certificate to Bed Bath and Beyond as a birthday present, when I went to redeem the sweet gift it happened to be breast cancer awareness month , kitchen Aid was selling several of their appliances in a pale pink color. I purchased the pink blender thinking it would brighten up our small kitchen, and the rest is history! Any time I can get my hands on something pink for the kitchen I buy it, my mom has been a big contributor as well. So there you have it, how my pink kitchen came to be... 



The pink blender that started it all, and who doesn't LOVE the pink Kitchen Aid stand mixer! I first saw this in Charlotte's kitchen on Sex and the City and fell in love with it!





Because everyone needs a pink pizza slicer! 



No comments:

Post a Comment