Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pizzeria Mozza

What is not to love about Chef Marion Batali? He creates simply delicious Italian fare, he rocks crocs footwear in and out of the kitchen, and he is at the helm of the Batali brand known for top restaurants in both New York and California. Aside from the time he went on a rant (article here) comparing Wall Street bankers to Stalin and Hitler, talk about biting the hand that feeds you!?! I am a big fan!

I have been fortunate enough to dine at most of his restaurants. In New York; Babbo, Del Posto, Lupa, and Otto. Here in California; Osteria Mozza, Los Angeles, and more recently Pizzeria Mozza in Newport Beach.

When I got word Batali would be opening Pizzeria Mozza in my hometown of Newport Beach, I was thrilled! I was able to dine there last year shortly after it's opening, and again a couple of weeks ago .The meal did not disappoint; start to finish it was perfection! The photos speak for themselves, so enjoy!



Starting off the meal with a light crisp Italian sauvignon blanc


Prosciutto di Parma, it melted in my mouth! 


Mozza caprese with fresh burrata.


Pizza: coach farm goat cheese, leeks, scallions, garlic, and bacon.


Limoncello post meal, an Italian tradition. 


Butterscotch Budino with sea salt, creme fraiche, and rosemary pine nut cookies.

If you live in New York or California and have not been to any of Batali's restaurants, I highly suggest you make it a priority to make a reservation! If you are looking to celebrate something special, have a night out with the girls, or a special date night any of his restaurants are a great choice! 






1 comment:

  1. Great pics Whitney!
    I'd drive there just for that pizza.
    LL

    ReplyDelete