Sunday, July 29, 2012

Rosemary Pink Diamond Fizz

Last Thursday night I was a lucky girl; lucky because I finally got to eat at MB Post, a great local restaurant that I have been dying to try, but even more lucky since my BFF drove up from Newport to visit me and she was my +1 at dinner!

MB Post was awesome and I will share more about what we ate in another post but I must say I was not only really impressed with the food menu, but the cocktail menu was pretty unique and creative as well.

So I got really inspired to mix it up and tried something new and different that we enjoyed while we watched the Olympics Opening Ceremonies. For some odd reason I wanted to make something with rosemary so I took to the internet and found this recipe for a Rosemary Pink Diamond Fizz. I thought it turned out great and it wasn't too 'girly' for Dave's taste either.


Rosemary Pink Diamond Fizz

  • 5 - 6 inch sprigs of fresh rosemary
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup Ruby Red Grapefruit juice, preferably fresh squeezed
  • 1/3 cup good quality gin
  • about 1/4 cup dry sparkling wine.... I used Prosecco
  • Cocktail shaker - mine is a penguin shaped cocktail shaker :)




Combine the rosemary and sugar with 1 cup of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, swirling occasionally to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and let the rosemary infuse the sugar syrup for 10 minutes. Strain, discard the rosemary, and refrigerate until cold.


Happy Fruit = Happy Hour 

Fill a cocktail shaker half full of ice. Pour the grapefruit juice, gin, and 2 Tbs of the rosemary simple syrup over the ice. Put the lid on the shaker and shake vigorously. Strain into champagne glasses and top each with a generous splash of prosecco, then add a sprig of rosemary for garnish, sip, and enjoy! 







No comments:

Post a Comment