Saturday, January 5, 2013

Dinner Party

Post holiday season the last thing I want to think about is cooking or a big meal. Let's just say I am still feeling full from all of the food and booze throughout the Christmas season.

Prior to Christmas we had my bff and her now fiance' (he proposed the night after they came over for dinner!) over for a special meal. It was a great dinner with even better friends. Everything I cooked was super easy, and I was able to prep almost everything prior to our friends arrival so more time was spent chatting than cooking.

We started with Pear, blue cheese, and honey appetizer toasts, I followed this recipe that I found on Pinterest. For the main course I tried another new recipe I found on Pinterest for prosciutto wrapped chicken thighs with Rosemary, this recipe said to grill the chicken thighs, but I baked them at 370 for 40 minutes which worked perfectly and allowed me to stay out of the kitchen and entertain our guests. For a side I cooked up these Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta. Our lovely guests brought the dessert, peppermint ice cream sundaes!

Here are some pictures from the evening!













1 comment:

  1. I am dreaming of that meal as we speak! You are such a talent in the kitchen and have come a long way from 24B at the Vanguard! Such a fun night! I cant wait to do it again soon! XOXO

    ReplyDelete