Sunday, June 17, 2012

Apps!

My two best friends birthday's both fall in June so this year instead of throwing a big bash at a bar, and inviting everyone we know via evite, we opted for something a little more low key after all we are grown ups now ;)

Everyone came over to our place for drinks and appetizers, then we headed out to a local mexican spot in Downtown Manhattan called Mucho. The girls sipped on skinny margaritas while the guys opted for the real thing, it was a great night with even better friends!

The plans to celebrate came together at the last minute so I opted for some of my easy go to recipes that don't require a ton of planning or time in the kitchen, after all I would rather be catching up with my girls and not be stuck in the kitchen!

I first made a Pea Pesto crostini inspired by my good friend Caitlin's blog, seen here. Caitlin is an amazing chef and alway puts out an incredible spread, reading her blog really inspired me to start this one!




















I then made bruschetta the recipe is from one of my favorite blogs, cupcakes and cashmere; seen here.
The best lesson I learned from her recipe is rubbing raw garlic on the freshly toasted bread, it makes a big difference and helps to evenly distribute the flavor of the garlic.

As I get into the swing of this whole blogging thing I promise to do a better job of documenting the recipes I use and the step by step process that results in something tasty and delish on your plate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment